Alan Watts, a leading thinker and speaker on behalf of the Human Potentials movement, began to open our world culture's awareness of and focus upon the inter-connected relationship between all things.
We do not weave the web of life, we are merely a strand in it
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves."
Indigenous peoples, all over the globe, were culturally embewed with this understanding. However, during the period of the European colonialization, beginning in the 15th century, is when the dominant paradigm moved to a "rugged-indivualism" model.
In 1893 then University Wisconsin professor Frederick Jackson Turner read his social analysis entitled "The Significance of the Frontier in American History." In it, he told Americans they were a rugged, self-made race of men, forged in adversity through the pioneering experience, reborn and purified into a breed unique on earth." (All About History)
In the clash of these two cultures and belief systems, belief in the inter-connectedness of all things became, I've discovered through my many years of research and inner-growth, an unintended consequencial disconnectedness for individals and a loss to our collective-awareness.
This morphed, over time, into our current model where the fear-based beliefs of our ego's have become the dominant voice in our collective-heads. Thus creating a society without the underpinning of core values and sense of global social responsibility. We are trying to remember; what we do to another, we are also doing to ourself.
ripple through the universe of consciousness to affect the lives of all. Every act or decision made that supports life, supports all life, including our own."
Truth vs. Falsehood 2005
Yet, there is a longing within each of us and within our collective consciousness for enhanced feelings of:
- self-love and acceptance
- Freedom to authentically live who we are
has the "ability to perceive the vibration and light that make up the physical world at a much higher level".
by "realizing and using her/his power to create her/his world".
and all of "humanity will be able to evolve not between generations, but within a generation". ~with credit to The Luminous Way Foundation
- How is your current mental model working for you; are you happy and at-peace with your life as it currently is?
- To what degree are you holding on to the scarcity-matrix; for fear of change?
- To what degree do you enter into relationship with The Creator Energy, with focused intention blended with total belief that you deserve your anticipated outcome?
- What actions, if any, are you taking to upgrade your mental model to include unconditional love, acceptance and forgiveness of yourself?
- In what ways are you open to and embracing of change? It is the only constant in Nature.
- What is the nature of your relationship with yourself; the most-vital one you have.
- How specifically are you vibrationally in alignment with enlightened consciousness?
My fellow traveler, I appreciate your time and attention to the expression of where I see our culture moving and allowing me to express yet one man's view of the global change and how to thrive within it as the new transformational paradigm emerges.
My warmest regards and wishes for your highest good,