Dave Kenyon

Dave Kenyon

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Living in Harmony with The Christmas Spirit

       



"He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree."  
      ~Roy L. Smith

Who among us has not contemplated, the Spirit of Christmas? When I considered wrapping my arms around this idea I went to a considered source;

"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened."
~Jesus 

Yes, the insight went, I need to trust in my transformational process knowing that the universe supports my journey and the way forward to true resonance with the Christmas Spirit!

 Yet, I thought, what about all my current beliefs and attitudes that have been formed over all my years from birth by special-interest groups; how have they polluted my understanding of this true Christmas spirit?





“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike. If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? ~Jesus


Oh wow, my insight lead yet to even more concerns as I further contemplated other possible hindrances to savoring the true joy of the Christmas spirit.

Thoughts of family situations loomed large...like this scene

 I personally identify with these aspects of Christmas below quoted; and yet it is not my intent here to proffer a definition of Christmas spirit. My intention here is to offer you an opening for your consideration on the topic, What is the True Christmas Spirit?

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."  ~Charles Dickens

"Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!"  ~Hamilton Wright Mabie
"Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts."  ~Janice Maeditere
"This is the message of Christmas:  We are never alone."  ~Taylor Caldwell
 


"What is Christmas?  It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.  It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace."  ~Agnes M. Pahro
"It is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas when its mighty Founder was a child Himself."  ~Charles Dickens

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
Just like the ones I used to know,
Where the tree tops glisten
And children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow..."
~Irving Berlin
What are some of yours?
 
My wish for you this Christmas and throughout 2011 is for you to embrace whatever core meaning you hold for the true spirit of Christmas; align with it vibrationally and move that feeling into the core of your consciousness and let's smile as we experience the enhanced levels of love in our world!






"And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more." ~Dr. Seuss



May your Christmas spirit grow and flow from within-out as you co-create to craft a Christmas aligned with love and light! ~Dave

 

1 comment:

  1. Yes indeed!! Lets definitely keep Christmas in our hearts and let it flow through our thoughts and actions throughout the New Year . . . and throughout the rest of our lives!!

    Merry Christmas to you, Dave!!

    ReplyDelete